ETY•Plugs® are the world’s highest fidelity non-custom earplugs. They reduce most noise to safe levels while preserving the clarity of speech and the richness of music. ETY•Plugs are configured to replicate the natural response of the ear canal so that when sound enters the earplug, it is reproduced unchanged, exactly the same as the ear would hear it, only quieter.
- Reduces sound levels evenly so that music and speech are clear and natural, not muffled as with other earplugs
- Reduces risk of hearing damage for many noisy occupations as well as noisy venues, such as airshows, parades, athletic events and motor sports
- Enhances the music experience for audiences while protecting hearing
- Lets musicians hear their own instrument and their blend with others
- Low cost
- Available in 2 sizes (same sound reduction) - standard and large*
- Reduces sound approximately 20 dB at all frequencies
* All ears are different. It is impossible to predict the size of an ear canal by the appearance of the outer ear, or by a person’s physical size, age or gender. Two sizes of ETY•Plugs fit almost 100% of ear canals. Recent studies of both fit and seal, conducted at Etymotic Research and an independent lab, showed that the smaller of the two sizes fits the majority of ears and is now designated as standard fit.
- Regular use of these high-fidelity earplugs while practicing, performing and listening to music will protect hearing from the cumulative effects of overexposure to loud sound throughout life.
- A little time may be required to acclimate to these earplugs. Many musicians report that they hear their own instruments better, as well as the balance with those around them.
- ETY•Plugs are reusable, but with repeated use, the eartips may lose elasticity. For best performance and retention, if you use your ETY•Plugs constantly, consider replacing them every 3-6 months.
ETY•Plugs use a tuned resonator and acoustic resistor to replicate the natural response of the ear canal. This unique construction, combined with Etymotic’s proprietary sound path, reduces sound levels evenly across the frequency range without changing the sound quality. Result: Music and speech remain clear, but quieter and safer.
ETY•Plugs provide almost equal sound reduction (20 dB) across the range of hearing. Foam earplugs reduce the high frequencies, resulting in muffled speech and music.
ETY•Plugs is a trademark of Etymotic Research, Inc.
Inserting Your Earplugs
Insert the plug by grasping the end cap and inserting the eartip until the largest flange is sealed in the ear canal entrance. To ease insertion, moisten the plug and pull the ear outward and upward. Earplugs must be inserted correctly for optimal effectiveness.
Removing Your Earplugs
Remove with a slow twisting motion.
- Do not take earplugs apart.
- Clean after each use.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth as needed.
- Do not immerse earplugs in water.
- Do not clean with harsh chemicals.
- Alcohol is not recommended.
ETY•Plugs are reusable, but with repeated use, the eartips may lose elasticity. For best performance and retention, if you use your ETY•Plugs constantly, consider replacing them every 3-6 months.