If You Have Changed Your Mind
If you have changed your mind and you are a private customer (not applicable to business customers), AND the goods have not been in your possession for over 10 days, then you are entitled to return the goods to us for a full refund on condition that you take reasonable care of the goods until they are returned to us. In particular this means that you will:
- not open shrink-wrapped or blister pack products or break any manufacturers seals.
- not load software onto any PDA, Smartphone, Mobile Phone, PC or laptop.
- return in good condition all packaging, manuals, cables etc
- return the goods in a condition that would enable htcdirect.co.uk to resell them as new
Please note that the cost of returning these items is the responsibility of the customer.
Goods Faulty on Arrival
If you are reporting faulty goods within 28 days of receipt (please note: Please note that for certain manufacturers such as HTC, this is 14 days), and when the goods are returned to us complete, we'll issue a full refund to you via your original payment method, less any transaction charges levied upon us by the credit card companies.
Goods Damaged in Transit
If your goods were damaged in transit, we request that you report it to us within 2 days. If goods are visibly damaged on receipt, its best to sign the delivery note accordingly. Once the damaged goods have been returned and received back into our warehouse, we'll issue a full refund to you via your original payment method.
Goods Faulty in Warranty Period
If you are reporting faulty goods after 28 days of receipt(14 days for HTC), then provided your product is within its warranty period, you are entitled to a warranty repair. In some cases, manufacturers provide a special full on-site service and or telephone help facilities for your convenience which of course, we recommend you utilise in order to correct the fault quickly. This does not affect your rights to claim against us under the Sales of Goods Act (as amended) if the goods do not conform to the contract and the manufacturer does not repair or replace the goods or offer you an alternative remedy. In all cases we have the right to be allowed to inspect the item(s) to verify the fault as manufacturers will charge us if no fault is found.
Please contact us by phone or email to give detail of the problem. You will be issued with a RMA number. Without this RMA number you will not be able to return any item. If you do so, the return will not be dealt with. So please contact us first. If the return is agreed by us then you will need to put the RMA number (that we will give you) clearly marked on the outside of the parcel and on a note inside the parcel. This helps us deal with returns more effectively and efficiently.
If returning goods to htcdirect.co.uk further conditions apply.
htcdirect.co.uk Returns - Terms & Conditions
1. Compatibility - Applications, drivers and operating systems are often released to market with bugs that can affect hardware performance. Therefore htcdirect.co.uk cannot guarantee that every hardware product is 100% compatible with every software product available.
2. Returning Faulty Goods - Please be sure returned goods are faulty and the problem experienced is not caused by another component in your system or by software configuration. Try to check fault with another system if possible before sending it back.
3. Only Return Faulty Item(s) - Returns are issued for specific components only. Do not return your whole order because you believe one component may be faulty.
4. Completeness of Returned Item(s) - All returned goods must be complete including all internal packaging, cables, manuals, drivers and protective bags, however small. Any items received incomplete will not be processed and will be held for collection by the customer. Alternatively the items will be returned to the customer subject to the payment of a £10 + return shipping + VAT charge.
5. Modified Goods. Any goods that have been modified or physically altered in any way shall be deemed Warranty Void and no support will be provided.
6. Packaging - Returned items must be packaged properly and shipped in a plain outer box. It is your responsibility to ensure returned goods are fully insured. htcdirect.co.uk cannot take responsibility for goods that are damaged or lost whilst being returned, even if faulty.
7. Testing - All returned items are tested by htcdirect.co.uk technicians. It is essential that goods are tested as approximately 50% of all received returns are tested not faulty. It is therefore important that you include a detailed description of the problems experienced. Any item found to be not faulty will be subject to a £20 +VAT charge if collected or a £30 + return shipping + VAT charge if shipped back to the customer. You will be notified by e-mail before any non-faulty goods are returned to you.
A restock charge of 25% will be levied on items returned in a state which renders them as a second-user sale.